Jeffrey Owens began his career in financial services in 1979 when he joined his two uncles, already
in the business. Through the years, Jeff worked on building his personal practice by forming lasting
relationships though outstanding client service. In 1992, Jeff’s experience and dedication to
his profession earned him a promotion to General Agent for John Hancock’s Portland, Oregon office.
Jeff developed a passion for the Retirement Plan market, and when 401(k) plans entered
the marketplace, he established an independent firm, now operating as BPG Wealth
Management LLC powered by Business Planning Group. BPG has since evolved to a highly
successful firm which focuses on planning for emerging and growing businesses in
addition to exit, distribution, succession and estate planning strategies for individuals and owners of
family and closely held businesses. Constant client contact coupled with creative value-added
event has helped BPG build its own legacy of achievement.
As a seasoned financial service professional, Jeff is an industry veteran in Non-Qualified
Deferred Compensation plan design and implementation. Jeff brings his expertise to businesses
with highly compensated individuals where traditional Defined Contribution plans discriminate
against highly compensated executives.
Jeff has been recognized for his accomplishments and dedication to his clients throughout
his career. He has achieved the distinction and honor of becoming a Lifetime Member of the
Million Dollar Round Table (MDRT), a qualifying member of the Top of Table and a three-time
recipient of the Quality of Life Award. MDRT is an international, independent association
of financial professionals comprised of the top 1% of the world’s best Life Insurance and
Financial Service professionals who serve their clients with exemplary performance and the
highest standards and ethics.
In addition to being the leader of the BPG Team, Jeff enjoys spending time outdoors hunting
and fishing, and loves spending time with his family and being a grandpa to his granddaughter
• Accredited Investment Fiduciary®, Center for Fiduciary Studies
• Licensed Life Insurance Consultant, State of Oregon
• FINRA- Series 1, 7, 63, and 65
• Life, Disability, Health, and Long Term Care Insurance Producer Licenses
• Bachelor of Arts, Linfield College, McMinnville, Oregon
• Children’s Cancer Association (CCA) CEO Counsel
• Member, Linfield College President’s Circle Leadership Team
• Million Dollar Round Table (MDRT)
• First Liberty Institute
• Annual Recipient of Achieving Client Excellence Award, John Hancock Financial Network (JHFN)
• 2001 John Hancock Financial Network (JHFN)/Signator Hall of Fame Inductee
• Qualifying Member, Top of the Table and Quality of Life Award - MDRT
• Lifetime Member and Roundtable Qualifier, John Hancock Financial Network’s (JHFN) President’s
• Five Star Wealth Manager*, Portland Monthly Magazine
• Linfield Athletic Hall of Fame Inductee
• Finalist for the Invest In Others Charitable Foundation Lifetime Achievement Award for his work with Children’s Cancer Association: https://www.investinothers.org/2016-finalists/jeffrey-owens/
*The Five Star Award is a client services award issued by Five Star Professional, based on an overall evaluation score of a wealth manager that reflects an average of all respondents and may not be representative of any one client’s experience. The inclusion of a wealth manager on the Five Star Wealth Manager list should not be construed as an endorsement of the wealth manager by Five Star Professional or any other source.